On the 30th of May 2019 in Tallinn, Estonia, the “Digital Technologies for Life-Cycle Safety of Waterfront Structures” seminar took place, organized by GT Corporation SE and its partners.
Seminar topics included:
- Life-cycle safety of waterfront structures (quays, offshore lighthouses, wave protection structures)
Victor Burovenko, Ph.D, Authorized Construction Engineer, 8th Category, GT Corporation SE;
Aleksei Usanov, Ph.D, Survey Engineer, GT Corporation SE
- Initial data problems in design of Waterfront structures:
-insufficient geotechnical survey data
-insufficient information on the condition of existing structures
-unknown natural or artificial obstacles in the soil
Heiki Meos, Ph.D, Authorized Construction Engineer, 8th Category, EstKONSULT OÜ
- Soil properties using different soil models including Plaxis software
Aldur Parts, Ph.D, Authorized Construction Engineer, 8th Category, Tallinn Technical University
- Current and future applications of acoustic scanning in marine engineering surveys
Igor Burovenko, Ph.D, IT Engineer, GT Corporation SE
- Presentation of the Coda Echoscope system and software for engineering survey of maritime structures
Tom Barr, Deputy Managing Director, Coda Octopus Group Inc.
Tomasz Ostrowski, Engineer, Coda Octopus Group Inc.
- Practice with underwater acoustic scanning on water. Demonstration of new generation Coda Echoscope system in Muuga Harbor.
Coda Octopus Group Inc. & Meremõõdukeskus OÜ
Representatives from key ports of Estonia and waterfront construction companies took part in the seminar. The schedule of the seminar was accredited by Estonian construction engineer union.